REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(SHORTLISTING FOR CONSULTING SERVICES)
Country: Republic of Uzbekistan
Name of project: UZB P-17, Horticulture Value Chain Promotion Project
Assignment Title: Consulting Services on Project Implementation Management and Capacity Building
Reference No.: HVCP/QCBS/CS-1
1. The Government of Uzbekistan has received a two-step loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (hereinafter referred to as “JICA”) toward the cost of Horticulture Value Chain Promotion Project (hereinafter referred to as “the Project”). The Agency for implementation of the projects in the field of agroindustry and food security (UZAIFSA) is an Execution Agency of the project. The objective of the Project is to support improving financial access and strengthening horticulture value chain by supplying funds to horticulture crop growers and agro-related companies (End-users) through the accredited participated financing institutions (PFIs), and providing assistance to UZAIFSA and PFIs for improving their implementing capacity and farm-management skills and horticulture value chain techniques to End-users, thereby contributing to the development of the agriculture sector together with employment promotion through strengthening the export capacity of horticulture crops.
2. Consulting services will be required by an international consulting firm (hereinafter referred to as "the Consultant") in association with local consultants to assist UZAIFSA in their implementation of the Project including procurement, project management and the capacity building for UZAIFSA and the other parties including PFIs and End-Users. The Consultant will be engaged in accordance with the Guidelines for the Employment of Consultants under Japanese ODA Loans, April 2012 (JICA Guidelines). The services will be required for a period of five (5) years from 2020 to 2025 with the estimated inputs of about 610 person-months in total, consisting of 170 person-months of international and 440 person-month of local experts.
3. The objective of the consulting services is to ensure the effective implementation of the two-step loan Project and to expand the project beneficiaries not only to the target End-users of the two-step loan but also to surrounding potential End-users through the following works:
4. UZAIFSA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
5. UZAIFSA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the short listing stage.
6. A Consultant will be selected by the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method in accordance with the JICA Guidelines.
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by May 6, 2020 together with information and FORMs 1-4 duly filled out by the consultants.
8. The Interested Consultant may contact through E-mail or phone at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 18-00 (Tashkent time) in order to obtain further information as well as FORMs to be attached to the Expression of Interest.
Agency for Implementation of the Projects in the field of Agroindustry and Food Security
Attn: Mr. Ravshan Usmanov,
Labzak Street 1A, 100128, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Tel:(+99871) 2415144, 2413330
Fax: (+99871) 2415144